Banner Cleaners was founded in 1910. It has been owned by the same family since the 1920s. The present location at 500 S. Brentwood Boulevard was built and opened in 1941.
Back then, Brentwood Boulevard was a two lane road. Edward Cohen, father of current owner Jerry Cohen, could recall when fewer than five cars per hour would drive by.
Today Banner Cleaners uses natural, gentle solvents to clean even the most delicate fabrics and garments using modern green technology.
The business has grown and changed a lot over the years just as the city of Clayton has. We at Banner Cleaners are proud to call Clayton our home.